Monday, September 1, 2008

I shoulda had this blog a long time ago.

I have the times where i need to vent. Times I want to share joy. Times I want to get stuff off my chest. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, google, and my decision to ignore my maliase, i finally have a way.

So my plan is set. Find a way to make my local board of education feel guilty for hiring a good worker who volunteers extra time to teach basketball part time. The main practice here will be simply sending a work sheet stamped daily by a principle or vice principle at the end of every day showing the times im usually at school and faxing it to my board of education along with every day that i go to coach basketball practice.

Now i must believe that they can feel guilt or sympathy for me not as a gaijin but as a person.

Other than than, im pretty damn hype about the basketball team this year. It would be nice if basketball got more tv exposure here, we could use 2 or 3 of the 21 7th grade baseball players to make our team round out to 8 or 9 kids. basketball is still some what of an underground culture here, kinda like say rugby in america or say american football in europe. People get to see tiny bits and pieces of it, but dont have a chance to fall in love with it. Baseball is king here.

Did i mention that i havent watched a full inning of pro baseball this year (but that little league world series is always riveting!!)

I must be rambling again, writing this long posts. I gotta do some planning for my private tonight. and i cant forget to take out the burnable garbage tonight. Find someway to eat a decent dinner without going back home. I need to find out how to teach 13 yr olds how to play a match up zone.

and i gotta find a place to watch streaming video of American ESPN. Thank goodness for football season. Gotta see what them Georgia Bulldogs gone do this year.

I met a young lady from california Oshioke I think, and she didnt know where UGA was.

Unbelievable, UGA hosted olympic soccer in 1994 at stegman. Californias gots to give GA its props.

No comments: